More GtkTreeModel/View questions

If this gets reposted, please ignore.  Yahoo! is
giving me fits :-(

I don't think I compleletly understand the entire
GtkTreeModel/GtkTreeView relationship.

I created a GtkTreeStore, populated it (I think), and
then created a GtkTreeView associated with that model.
 Then I created a CellRenderer and ColumnView for each
column.  Last, I added each column to my view with
gtk_tree_view_append_column.

So my questions are:  Did I do this right?  Did I
forget anything?  I am assuming I must have, or I did
something wrong, because I can't see any of the data
in my model.  Also, do I need one CellRenderer and one
ColumnView for each column I want to display in my
TreeModel?

I've been rummaging around the API on gnome.org, but I
couldn't find the answers to my questions.  I just got
more confused.  Not that it is hard to confuse me or
anything.

thanks,

jonathan