Re: A newbie question...

On Sun, 19 Aug 2001 15:01:11 -0400, Mauro Ferreira said:

 To explain better my situation: My effort with GTK is to port my apps to GTK, and with this done i'll
finally can jump to linux. At start i tried FLTK and VGUI  - both are very incomplete; next i tried phpGtk,
a great tool, but interpreted and yet very instable; maybe in a year will be stable, but i can't wait this;
then wxWindows - is solid, complete, but some strange limitations like no way to limit the size of an entry
nor make custom entry validations - and not only the visual of the apps isn't granted to be the same in
different OSs, but some features are platform-specific. Now i'm trying GTK+: Here i found again all good
things found in phpGtk in a solid & fast enviroinment - and better than just C++ compiled: GNU C++
compiled. Then i stay here from now.

I recommend looking through the demos on the tutorial, learn GTK+
frame work!! Make sure you have a clear understanding of GTK+
procedure, esp signals and its main loop/iteration handling.

Then you can figure out what you need to modify in your application
to port it over.

Also take a look at GDK, GDK is built around X the ```original GUI'''
so you have a more fundimental understanding of what GTK+ is built
on top of.

Sincerely,                  ,"-_                         \|/
-Capt. Taura M.             ,   O=__                    --X--
.__                          ,_JNMNNEO=_                 /|\
OMNOUMmnne.                  {OMMNNNEEEEOO=_
UOOOBIOOOEOMMn.               'LONMMMMNNEEEOOO=.__..,,..
UUOOEUUOOOOOOOObe              '"=OMMMMWNEEEOOOOO,"=OEEEOO=,._
OOUUUIEEIOONNOIUbe.                "7OMMMMNNNNNWWEEEEOOOOOO"   "'.
EEBNNMMMNWNWWEEIMMNe.             __  7EMMMNNNNNWWWEEEEEEEOO.     " .
NNMMMMWWWMMMWEINMMMNn            "=BBEEEEMMMMMMMMNNNWWWEEOOOOO=._     .
                  http://furry.ao.net/~learfox/