Re: why no one anwsers my question?

On Tue, Jul 31, 2001 at 02:51:52PM +0200, Miernik wrote:
On Tue, 31 Jul 2001, Phillip Shelton wrote:

Having just fired up Excel, the function you want is indirect()

That's what I tried, but it doesn't work the way I need.

You have just hit the oldest known bug in gnumeric.  I've just
modernized the implementation to support what you want but be warned
the function does not recalc as often as you would like.

eg
A1 = 123
A2 = 321
B1 = A1
C1 = indirect(B1)

Change B1 and C1 recalculates
Change A1 or A2 (depending on B1) and it does not.