Re: Planing to migrate from Tomboy to Gnote

Hi,

First, the data in my notes is highly valuable to me.  I do not want to
edit/change their contents by accident.  (With tomboy there was no
"read-only" extension and the one I wrote by myself is pretty
incomplete).  GNote has such an extension, but by default the "read-
only" flag is turned off.  Can I change this setting to default to
"read-only on"?

What do you mean by that? Read-only is persisted for a note.
Do you want a feature to mass-set notes to read only?
Or do you want for all notes to be read-only on startup?

Second, in tomboy I was used to open the context menu in a note and
navigate to the main window to search for other notes and came along
without having to browse through a window list or clicking somewhere.
 Is it possible to add such a "search all notes" context menu entry?  I
saw in the GIT repo a recent patch "Add search shortcuts" but could not
see a description.  Maybe this is already what I'm looking for?

The back button at the top brings you to search window. To get back to
note, you can use the Active notebook, where you have all notes opened
in current Gnote session.

--
Aurimas