Re: Ungnomifying the control center

Le vendredi 24 octobre 2008, à 07:51 +0200, Soeren Sandmann a écrit :
> Hi,
>
> With the new cut-and-pasted code in gnome-desktop, it looks like it's
> almost possible to stop linking to libgnome and libgnomeui in the
> control center. The main things I don't know how to fix are the shell
> (which is not used by default) and the use of GnomeClient to put a
> log-out button in one of the accessibility dialogs. Also, the font
> viewer uses gnome_icon_lookup_sync(), and I don't immediately see a
> replacement in GIO.

You can use the gnome-session dbus methods to logout instead of using
GnomeClient (look at gnome-session/tools/gnome-session-save.c for an
example).

It might make sense to stop shipping the shell, since we've never really
used it in upstream GNOME -- don't know what people think, though.

Vincent

--
Les gens heureux ne sont pas pressés.