A color blocking

I did a page blocking with four color combinations from an earlier palette. This
is the flying leap stage where a simple color, structural, or metaphorical idea
can sweep the whole design motion into a completely new direction.

These started from a two-sided ying-yang idea, playing on GNOME's dual purpose
to serve developers and users in different albeit complementary ways:

  http://www.mindspring.com/~steve_hall/gnome/comp-stevehall-04a.htm *
  http://www.mindspring.com/~steve_hall/gnome/comp-stevehall-04b.htm
  http://www.mindspring.com/~steve_hall/gnome/comp-stevehall-04c.htm *
  http://www.mindspring.com/~steve_hall/gnome/comp-stevehall-04d.htm

Again, these are hardly complete page designs (missing "headline/topical" areas,
proper icons, headers, footers, etc.), only beginning attempts at using color in
a way that assists structure. Guess I'd like to see a little more conversation
on content organization (or a more finalized one) before many more of these. We
want every part of the design to work together; all the parts need to develop at
the same rate.

Steve  [ digitect mindspring com ]