Re: A color blocking

digitect wrote:

> I did a page blocking with four color combinations from an earlier palette. This
> is the flying leap stage where a simple color, structural, or metaphorical idea
> can sweep the whole design motion into a completely new direction.
>
> These started from a two-sided ying-yang idea, playing on GNOME's dual purpose
> to serve developers and users in different albeit complementary ways:
>
>   http://www.mindspring.com/~steve_hall/gnome/comp-stevehall-04a.htm *
>   http://www.mindspring.com/~steve_hall/gnome/comp-stevehall-04b.htm
>   http://www.mindspring.com/~steve_hall/gnome/comp-stevehall-04c.htm *
>   http://www.mindspring.com/~steve_hall/gnome/comp-stevehall-04d.htm

Interestingly enough, for me, under Netscape 4.75 on Linux these all have
black text on the dark coloured reverse "L".  Under Mozilla build M17 the text
colour is white.

But having said that, I like the green one the best, ie. "4d".

On content,  do we really want developer sub-categories on the main page?
Without rehashing all the previous emails too much, I still think the main
page should be "end user" oriented, with a major "Want to help out and be a
developer?" link clearly visible taking them off to something similar to the
main page.  Shout me down if you think otherwise.

--
Michael Davies         "Do what you think is interesting, do something that
michaeld senet com au   you think is fun and worthwhile, because otherwise