Re: [weekly report] week 1: Pulse

On Thu, 2009-06-04 at 10:47 +0200, Olav Vitters wrote:
> On Thu, Jun 04, 2009 at 10:44:30AM +0200, Florian Ludwig wrote:
> > bugzilla's html/js. These scripts are not jet integrated with Pulse

> Suggest you focus either on direct db calls, or parsing the XML output
> etc that Bugzilla provides.
I did not yet think a lot about direct db calls to be honest. Maybe I
should look into bugzilla's plugin API. That would be the way you
suggest?

> And even if we do not yet have XML output,
> create that. HTML will change.
Exports does too. But of course I agree that screen scraping is not a
good solution and I would prefer to use some export... Some information
I would like to get are not exportable in 3.x ether AFAIK.

Right now I parse the CSV, which works great. As a test I setup:
http://static.ludwigf.org/stuff/nautilus.rss

which displays the collected. Not that useful as it does not know what
actually happened, just that something happened.

Note: I do look at every way to get information out of bugzilla right
now, some are redundant and will get sorted out later on.

> Still worried about performance impact, but oh well.
I always keep the performance impact in mind and it drives a lot of my
plans on implementation.

--
Florian Ludwig <dino phidev org>