Problems with Clutter Git

I'm running Ubuntu 10.10 and have been building GNOME Shell from scratch for some time. For the past week or so, however, I can't build clutter, it seems it has a problem connecting.  Deleting ~/gnome-shell and ~/source and re building has the same effect.

git clone git://git.clutter-project.org/clutter
Initialized empty Git repository in /home/merk/gnome-shell/source/clutter/.git/
fatal: read error: Connection reset by peer