Re: Two proposals for Gnome-shell

On Tuesday, 08 March, 2011 08:10 AM, Robert Park wrote:
On Mon, Mar 7, 2011 at 5:05 PM, David Prieto<frandavid100 gmail com>  wrote:
>  Just for reference, I was thinking of showing the same thumbnails that now
>  appear when you press down during the Alt+tab switcher.
Well, on the latest demo from gnome3.org (0.0.6), alt+tab shows large
application icons, with small names, similar to the OSX style, and I
quite like it that way. The icons are much more distinctive than
thumbnails could ever be.

If you have a lot of instances of an application, e.g., >5 terminals, then neither thumbnails and *icons* will going to help you visually, where text/label is more important than both.

--
There must be a computer language that is 100% visual, but runs at the speed of the C language.