Re: A few comments regarding Gnome-shell

Florian,

That is debatable - the current design calls for "global application" actions to be moved to the application menu (the panel item with application icon + name, which currently only has a single quit actions), and leave window specific actions in the window's menu bar.

True, yes.

Basic keyboard navigation in the overview has landed today - keyboard
focus can be moved to a particular element with Ctrl-Alt-Tab, then its
items can be navigated using the arrow keys.

Cool, I'll have to try that.

Tricky - left/right movements are currently consumed by the search entry
itself to move the cursor. I agree though that horizontal navigation
with up/down feels rather weird.

Maybe left/right should work as now UNTIL you press down. Then the focus would leave the search entry and you could use all four direction keys to navigate, but if you press a certain key (e.g. escape) the focus would return to the search entry.

None that I'm aware of. Given that the deskop is hidden behind windows
most of the time, I'm not sure what interaction could be that useful
(apart from a shortcut to open the background settings maybe) ...

OK, it's good to know it. Thanks for taking the time to reply :-)