Re: Window controls for GNOME 3

Am 02.03.2011 12:14, schrieb Vishnoo:
Why does one actually want to maximize and restore windows or resize
them? (nautilus windows dont count, lets think about apps/task instead
of file-management ;p )

IMO, the maximize/resize 'feature' is a workaround for a window
management that never got fully implemented.

It would be very interesting to know why user is forced to resize the
windows manually and try to fix those problems.

For example while trying to store knowledge in my brain, I often have pdfs with exercise opened and maximize the window to have it easily readable while working on plain ol' paper. When I do actual coding (and dont have the 2nd monitor available), I often have the exercise next to the IDE which requires the windows to be resized properly. 50/50 splitting wouldn't help since I'd want to set the distribution of screen real estate dynamically. Regardless of the fact that evince comes up with a completely unusable window dimension here, I often need to adjust the size of the content displayed.

Marcel