Re: New mockups for shell - round 2

On Thu, May 14, 2009 at 12:37 PM, Fernando <ferkiwi gmail com> wrote:
For example, many people would like to remove the "recents documents"
because of privacy issues, since they are showed up so clearly that
everyone will know what were you doing before in your comp. Maybe they
would like to replace it with some other gadget.
The recent documents are all viewable anyway via the Places-->Recent Documents menu. While it makes sense to let people delete items from the list if they want, but I don't think we need to be so concerned with privacy that we don't show the list at all. Recent documents are already tracked _anyway_ (see ~/.recently-used and ~/.recently-used.xbel) and if people are concerned about privacy then they should turn off the tracking at the source and not just complain about an interface to view their tracks.

-Natan