Re: Task list in Gnome Shell - mockup

On Fri, May 1, 2009 at 10:07 PM, Igor Vatavuk <jaybee444 gmail com> wrote:

I understand your point but I was trying to eliminate anything other than top panel to save the screen space.
Shelf takes a lot of screen space unless it's hidden... but then minimized windows or windows requesting attention can't be seen until the shelf is shown either on hover or on click/keyboard shortcut.
If Gnome Shell is going to lose the bottom panel, which is the plan I think, there's only a number of ways to go about it and not waste even more space than a panel would waste.

OK. Then the only solution to one panel approach is this list with hover opening or a auto-hide shelf (which is not a good thing because it looks too much like mac). So keep up your work and when you have something to be tested be sure to share it with us ;)

Anton