Re: Task list in Gnome Shell - mockup

On Fri, May 1, 2009 at 7:24 PM, Sander Dijkhuis <sander dijkhuis gmail com> wrote:
Opening the menu on mouse hover might be irritating when you want to
reach something near the panel (like a window's title bar) and
accidentally move the cursor to the window list button. I think a
widget like the drop-down box in GTK+ would work well.

I was aiming at 1 click switch so that's why I choose hover instead of click, however, I can see how this could cause problems.

Also I'm not sure about automatically re-ordering the windows each
time the stacking on the desktop changes. In the GNOME 2 panel I like
how you can manually change the order. In your design, this could work
the same way as re-ordering items in the Windows Start menu.

The active window is always on the top of the list and as you change active windows others sink down so it was only natural to stack them in the list in the same order as they are stacked in the workspace...