Re: [gpm] shutdown menu missing the restart/shutdown buttons

On Fri, 2006-06-30 at 18:02 +0100, Ricardo Abreu wrote:

Sorry for the delay, just got back from GUADEC.

> Hi there. I've ubuntu dapper (with gnome) and I installed xgl/compiz.
> almost everything seems to be working fine, but I'm having a problem
> with shutdown menu. the problem is that in the xgl session, the
> shutdown panel doesn't have the restart and shutdown buttons. In the
> normal session of gnome, however, the menu is still normal.
> I've tried to find a solution on lots of forums and no one knows how
> to solve this problem (and there is a lot of people with it). I
> wondered if there is a file that specifies the buttons the menu should
> have, that one could edit...

Well, I only put the Suspend and Hibernate buttons in the UI, and have
never had Shutdown or Restart... And the former two only come up if your
user has permission and HAL is able to do the request.

I'm not sure if this is a bug or a feature.

> I've checked power-managment on gconf-editor but didn't find anythig
> to do with it. also, I have the show actions menu options checked on
> the Login Window preferences
>
> I was hoping someone there could help me.
> Thank you all for the attention

No problem.