Re: [gpm] Utopia updates: suspend does not work anymore

On Sat, 2006-06-10 at 11:40 -0500, Paul Johnson wrote:
> Did that.  Now the command "/usr/sbin/pm-suspend" in the xterminal
> DOES work!  The system suspends and wakes up.  And, as long as
> NetworkManager is not in charge of my wireless, the wireless wakes up
> too.

Cool, progress.

> The G-P-M suspend menu does not work, however.  It still has the same
> "suspend problem" message.  It happens whether or not NetworkManager
> is in charge of the wireless.  Only sign of error in shutdown is this
> one in the log
> ipw3945: Error sending LEDS_CMD: Already sending a host command

Hmm, means nothing to me.

> Would you mind putting the May 23 (wasn't that the last set?) RPMS
> back on your site. I could re-install them and see if the system
> suspends. I'm a bit suspicious about gnome itself right now.  Every
> time I start the system, there's an error saying it is already running
> a panel, and that same error pops up when it tries to suspend and
> fails.

What exact error? And sorry, I have no archives of rpm's as they are
just semi-automated daily builds of CVS, sorry.

What does:

dbus-send --system --print-reply --dest=org.freedesktop.Hal \
/org/freedesktop/Hal/devices/computer \
org.freedesktop.Hal.Device.SystemPowerManagement.Suspend \
int32:0

print?

Thanks.

R.