Re: Sending mail

2007/1/31, Matt Davey <mcdavey mrao cam ac uk>:
The gnome-pilot mail conduit should be doing the same
job as pilot-mailsync.  I guess the use of 'sendmail -t -i' is
a short cut for writing the smtp client code, whereas pilot-mailsync
seems to use a local sendmail or falls back to smtp if absent.

Direct SMTP support could be added to the g-p mail conduit, it's
probably just that the issue hasn't been raised before.

I don't know how many users would like this (I mean, this is an old
device, I don't know how many still use this mail-sync method at all)
but having the functionality on g-p sure would be simpler than setting
an MTA to send palm mail.

--
Adriano Varoli Piazza
The Inside Out: http://moranar.com.ar