Re: Sending mail

On Wed, 31 Jan 2007 01:57:10 EST., David A. Desrosiers wrote:
> On Wed, 2007-01-31 at 07:48 +0100, Adriano Varoli Piazza wrote:
> >
> > I did configure postfix to relay the mail to an external smtp server,
> > it works, but I wanted to know if there was a simpler solution.
>
> pilot-mailsync is probably what you seek:
>
> http://wissrech.iam.uni-bonn.de/people/garcke/pms/

The gnome-pilot mail conduit should be doing the same
job as pilot-mailsync.  I guess the use of 'sendmail -t -i' is
a short cut for writing the smtp client code, whereas pilot-mailsync
seems to use a local sendmail or falls back to smtp if absent.

Direct SMTP support could be added to the g-p mail conduit, it's
probably just that the issue hasn't been raised before.

Matt
p.s. the other thing that needs to be added is versamail support,
which is a bigger job.  There's now some versamail support in
pl-0.12, I believe.