Re: Newbie questions

On Tue, 2007-08-28 at 11:54 -0400, Pete Holsberg wrote:
> Adam C Powell IV wrote:

> > > OK, after correcting the above, I see

> > > And eventually the TREO times out.
> > >
> > > ??
> > >

> > Hmm.  Could be a couple of things.
> >       * Try "lsmod"; does it include visor?  If so, that's blocking
> >         libusb from seeing the Treo.
>
> Nope.
>

> >       * Try "ps auwx | grep pilot"; if you see gpilotd anywhere in
> >         there, kill it.
>
> Not there.
>
> >       * I find that timing is important: try syncing at the same
> >         time as, and just before, and just after hitting Enter on
> >         the pilot-xfer command, something might work.
>
> JUST BEFORE, JUST BEFORE!!! :-) :-) And |just before" works with
> jpilot!!! Thanks, 1E6!!!

Hooray!  Congratulations.  Sorry it took so long, in part due to my
delay in replying to you and silly errors.

You should also find it significantly faster than before.  My syncs
using visor with the Treo 600 used to take about an hour, and now using
libusb with the 700p they get done in about ten minutes!

Regards,
-Adam

http://www.take6.com/albums/greatesthits.html