Re: Newbie questions

On Thu, 2007-08-23 at 21:49 -0400, Pete Holsberg wrote:
> David A. Desrosiers wrote:
> > On Thu, 2007-08-23 at 17:49 -0400, Pete Holsberg wrote:
> > > When I then try
> > >
> > > pilot-dlpsh -p /dev/ttyUSB1
> > >
> > > I get
> > >
> > >    ERROR: Specify exactly one of -c or -i
> > >

> > And what happens when you do as requested? "pilot-dlpsh --help" will
> > provide you with explanations of both parameters.
> >

> I appreciate your help but as I did not have this problem with V6.10,
> I think I will reinstall it.

Whoa, you're going to downgrade your entire distribution just because
you're having trouble syncing your Palm!!??  Please tell me you haven't
started yet...

I too could never get visor and /dev/ttyUSB* to work with my 700p, so I
switched to libusb, which is faster.

Try this, it works for me with a 700p on Debian etch:
      * find /lib/modules -name visor.ko -print
      * mv <that file> /root/ [if there's more than one, give them
        different names]
      * rmmod visor
      * <Remove pilot-applet from panel, if it's running>
      * apt-get update && apt-get install libusb libusb-dev
      * cp /usr/share/pilot-link/udev/60-libpisock.rules /etc/udev/rules.d/
      * /etc/init.d/udev restart
      * <Plug in Treo>
      * <Hit hotsync>
      * pilot-link -p usb: -l
Does that last command give you a list of the files on the Treo?

You should also be able to do the last command as non-root; does that
work too?

If so, you can restart the pilot-applet, left-click, and under Devices,
Edit your Cradle setting so its Device is usb: instead of /dev/pilot

Note that it may still take a couple of tries to get it to work, but it
should...

-Adam

http://www.take6.com/albums/greatesthits.html