Re: Calendar not syncing

On Tue, 2006-11-21 at 21:43 +0100, Guido Van Hoecke wrote:
> I jsut started using gnome-pilot to sync my Ubuntu-6.10-AMD64 desktop
> and my palm treo 650.
>
> Only the calendar does not sync at all.
>
> No probs with
> * Backup
> * EAddress
> * EMemos
> * ETodDo
> * MemoFile
> * Time

I haven't come across this problem before, so am a bit mystified.

In your gpilotd output, we can see:

> ecalconduit-Message: in calendar's conduit_get_gpilot_conduit

so the conduit is getting created.

There's no real sign of it running, with the possible exception of:

> (gnome-pilot:17325): gpilotd-WARNING **: Synchronization failed!
> ememoconduit-Message:

You could try the following to get more information:

1. Disable the calendar conduit.  Does the above WARNING message still
show up?  If not, then we can assume it is coming from the calendar
conduit.

2. If you haven't already done so, try a one-time-action of 'copy from
pilot', and 'copy to pilot' if that fails.  This could help if there's a
problem reading data either at the evolution or treo end.

You could try cross-posting to the evolution mailing list, or search for
bug reports on bugzilla.gnome.org.

Matt

Matt Davey        Beware of Greeks bearing gifts - but
mcdavey mrao cam ac uk 	Don't look a gift horse in the mouth.