Re: The next Gnome Office release.

> On Wed, 2004-03-31 at 14:12 +1000, Martin Sevior wrote:
>> Making a release is a significant amount of work. I think the whole
>> processes consumes at least 10-20 hours of development time. Building
>> binaries, updating websites, writing release notes, spamming the
>> internet is all work which I no longer find particularly fun.
>
> This whole process really should be automated.

Patches to make this work accepted.

> Release notes could be construed as changelogs which should come from
> commit logs.  Building binaries should be a one-press task to build for
> all platforms.

Not good enough. We need compelling, well constructed prose to convince
people to give us a try.

> Spamming the Internet is something we can leave for major updates or let
> the public do, other than Freshmeat.

Marketing is a difficult and very important activity. We have significant
competition in the Free Software Office Suite business. We have to get as
much impact as possible at every opportunity. That is just the way it is.

Cheers,

Martin