Re: The next Gnome Office release.

On Tue, 2004-03-30 at 18:21, Charles Goodwin wrote:
> On Tue, 2004-03-30 at 19:17 -0500, David Bolack wrote:
> > I'm of the firm opinion that GO should only bump when two or more
> > components do a minor stable revision. ( 1.2 to 1.4 etc ) and *only*
> > then.

A change from 1.2 to 1.4 for applications such as gnumeric is anything
but `minor'. The change from gnumeric 1.2 to 1.4 will move gnumeric from
Gnome 2.4 to Gnome 2.6 and add a whole bunch of other changes.

It is essential that the Gnome Office version numbering allows us to
figure out which underlying versions of the individual applications is
included. If Gnome Office 2.0.0 initially included gnumeric 1.4.1 and
later gnumeric 1.4.2 just because no other component had a release, bug
tracking becomes very difficult: If one is successful with branding
`Gnome Office' the bug reports will refer to the Gnome Office version
but we need the component version to address bugs.

Andreas
--
Andreas J. Guelzow
Taliesin Software, Shelties, Pyrsheps