Re: The next Gnome Office release.

On Tue, 2004-03-30 at 10:29 -0500, Jody Goldberg wrote:
> 2) This timing is not ideal in relation to GNOME.  It puts our 1.2
>    release half way between gnome-2.6 and 2.8.  Which would mean
>    that we either rush to get GO-2.0 out with gnome-2.8 or we stay
>    out of sync.

I really don't think that syncing releases with Gnome is going to be
realistic until there is a much stronger and more organised development
team behind each project.

We simply don't have the sheer man power that Gnome does.

I think the key for now is simply regular releasing and realistic goals
for each milestone.  Perhaps that can be eventually synchronized with
future Gnome releases but I think quality releases need to be more of a
priority than synchronised ones.

What has been great about the time based release schedule for Gnome is
that it has meant all added features must be stable before they can be
seriously considered for going into a release.  But this is something we
can force by doing regular releases on our own timescale.
--
- Charlie

Charles Goodwin <charlie xwt org>
Online @ http://www.charlietech.com