Re: How do we want the different parts to integrate (Was Re: What goes in gnome

the last year or so, I think we should stick with CORBA/Bonobo. Even
Abiword, which was one of the last GO apps that didn't use Bonobo uses
it now :-)

It should be noted that I'm no huge fan of Bonobo. Abi doesn't use bonobo extensively. We actually don't use it much at all - I wrote a GtkWidget that wraps AbiWord. Martin made that AbiWidget work better and wrapped it with a Bonobo interface. I plan on making the control support streams and printing and other bonobo-integration stuff in the near future. However I'm not going to convert Abi's innards to use Bonobo*. I'm planning on doing a mapping from our proven and tested codebase to the Bonobo calls via an intelligent mapping system and code reuse. Most if not all Bonobo work done in Abi *in the near future* will be working on making that widget better and making the mappings between that widget and Bonobo work flawlessly.

Dom

--
Men are incapable of using sex to get what they want. Sex IS what men want. Sex is not the answer. Sex is the question. "Yes" is the answer.