Re: gtkhtml

On 29 Jun 2000, Count Zero wrote:

> I removed all the links to GNOME libs.	I measured it by using GtkHTML and
> CscHTML in the same application, and viewing 20 identical locally stored HTML
> files with each.  The version with CscHTML not only initialized quicker (no
> surprise since it has less to initialize.) but it also displayed each HTML file
> faster.
>
> To be honest, I am as surprised at this as you are.  But my surprise doesn't
> change the facts.

You have given no facts, only stated what you thought you observed. Please
give benchmark results with hard numbers.

I do not know who is correct, but I suspect that the assertion that
CscHTML renders faster than the equivalent GtkHTML, simply because it does
not link to gnome-libs, is false. The way to provide proof is to create a
benchmark that everyone can agree on, then evaluate both widgets based on
that benchmark.

It easier to trust the speed observations of a computer than a human,
-- Elliot
The best way to accelerate a Macintosh is at 9.8 meters per second per second.