where is "gnome-panel.h"

i've been trying to compile gnome on solaris and
things have been going well. I am hitting a snag
on gnome-core. it fails compiling the panel with
some error messages saying it can't find file "gnome-panel.h".
i looked in the "panel" directory and of course there
is no gnome-panel.h file. however a grep through the files
reveals that "include<gnome-panel.h>" is prevolent. what
am i missing???? can someone help me out?

regards,
paul

In file included from applet-widget.c:9:
applet-widget.h:14: gnome-panel.h: No such file or directory
applet-widget.c:13: gnome-panel.h: No such file or directory
make[1]: *** [applet-widget.lo] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/plaiming/gnome/gnome-core-1.2.1/panel'
make: *** [all-recursive] Error 1