Re: gdm chooser

>The answer came up quite recently on either this list or gnome-devel.

It must be devel, cos I have not seen it here.

>-indirect has not been implemented yet because of some inherent DoS
>problems in the protocol. Don't ask me what those problems are. (xdmcp
>broadcasting floods, maybe?) The gdmchooser program is there but there's
>no way to get gdm to actually call it. The developer said he was actualy
>removing gdmchooser from the beta5 release. Thus, if you need choosing,
>make something run [k|x]dm or similar.

Great, incomplete display manager. :[
Is there no way to fix the problem? Wrappers? Lists of allowed machines? Max
number of requests per sec?

GSR

PS: I cross the finger cos I had problems with the auc.dk domain... could
anybody forward this mail? Thanks.