Re: LANG & LC_ALL and GNOME 1.2 and Visual Slick Edit

Thanks to all who responded about my LANG/LC_ALL problem. The problem
was that, since I freshy upgraded to GNOME 1.2 from the
http://www.helixcode.com site, I just presumed that my language would be
set properly. It turns out it was set to "Last", which was nothing. To
ensure that my language was set to English, I specifically selected
English from the gdm login prompt. gdm ask me whether I wanted to change
my previous selection which was (null) to English. I immediately
recognized that that was the problem. I confirmed my "English" selection
and now LANG and LC_ALL have suitable values and Visual SlickEdit
doesn't core dump anymore.
--
Bruce W. Bigby
http://home.rochester.rr.com/bigbyofrocny