Re: gdm chooser

>> Yes, there is. Some pages, search a bit. ;]
>The gnome-list archives for May have some discussion but apparently no

I wrote a webpage commenting a real case. But that case does not cover
"indirect" (I had no need for it, so I did not test).

>complete answers.  Call the X terminal "localmachine".  The following
>inittab entry there:
>	x:5:respawn:/etc/X11/X -query hostmachine
>provides a gdmlogin for logging into hostmachine while sitting at

That is right.

>localmachine, but does not provide any kind of chooser for other computers
>taking XDMCP requests on the network.  In gdm.conf on hostmachine and all
>the rest, I've done
>[xdmcp]
>Enable=1
>HonorIndirect=1
>I've tried "/etc/X11/X -indirect hostmachine" in inittab on localmachine,
>and the effect is the same as before.  Just a gdmlogin screen for
>hostmachine and no others.

I have been trying too, and it should provide the chooser, but does not. So
there must be a bug, or a serious problem in our side that all of us fall
into. If you run gdmchooser by hand from an already started X (one managed
by gdm or launched by startx) it searchs for serving machines and shows them
(in my case the same machine on two network interfaces).

Has anybody managed to get GDM to work with indirect and gdmchooser?

GSR