Re: Debian Menu under Unstable Gnome

On Fri, Apr 23, 1999 at 02:08:31PM -0400, Daniel Burrows wrote:
>   I can't think of any obvious reason for this, but you can manually try to
> figure out what's going on by looking in /usr/share/gnome.  There should be
> a directory here, apps/, which contains the Gnome menus.  Under apps/, there
> should be a symlink Debian/, which points to the Debian menus build by
> menu-methods (/var/lib/gnome/Debian on my system).  Also, you have to enable
> Debian menus from the Properties dialog of the foot button (I assume you did
> that already, though, or you wouldn't even have an empty Debian menu)
>
>   I'm not sure what the problem is beyond that.  Someone else might have more
> clues..

Thanks for the really good starting place.  I submitted a bug report to
debian.  It appears that the problem is that install-menu segfaults within
the gnome script (explaining all the core files for 'gnome' all over the
place).

Bug report number 36695

Ciao!

--
"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living.  The world owes you nothing.  It was here first."
	-- Mark Twain

The Doctor What: Un-Humble                  http://www.gerf.org/~docwhat/
docwhat@gerf.org                    (finger docwhat@gerf.org for PGP key)
KF6VNC