Re: Panel Idea

On Sun, Apr 25, 1999 at 06:09:34PM -0700, George was heard to say:
> On Sun, Apr 25, 1999 at 08:26:55AM -0700, bob@kehs.ksd.org wrote:
> > I would like a copy...
> >
> > Hmm, if there is to be any more of this "adding features" to the main
> > menu's, maby there should be "plug in" code written, so you can just add
> > modules for different menus. :)
>
> that's actually a VERY good idea ...  this would solve the problems of all
> the different menu systems and other things that require menus ... and should
> reduce panel core code I guess while having all these weird menus :)
>
> George

  Back in January (?) there was a discussion of possible new ideas for the
menu system, and I believe one of the things mentioned was the possibility
of having submenus that were fetched via CORBA.  My knowledge of CORBA is
minimal, but is it possible to define an interface for menu-providers?  I can
imagine some pretty nifty uses for this if it is...

  Daniel

--
Perhaps it is true that computer programs and mathematical equations, like
art or nature, have their own intrinsic beauty.  But who hangs the Quicksort