Re: Hrm. Now I know why this list is dead

On 21 May 1999, Jonas Luster wrote:

> > Nonsense. SuSE includes GNOME for a long time and clearly says so
> > in their advertising. The top priority in their package compilation
> > are the demands of their customers. The people making big press
>
> Is that te reason, why Gnome is broken in the newest Release?

No, they tried their best. But GNOME 1.0 was simply to broken. They even
advertized GNOME as beeing a stable product. IMHO this was just plain
wrong from a technical point of view.

> > releases about their boycotting a free software project are seated
> > somewhere else.
>
> When SuSE started to support KDE ist was _not_ free all in all.

KDE was free since the beginning (I was my fault that KDE chose (L)GPL)

Regards,
-- martin

// Martin Konold, Herrenbergerstr. 14, 72070 Tuebingen, Germany  //
// Email: konold@kde.org                                         //
Anybody who's comfortable using KDE should use it. Anyone who wants to
tell other people what they should be using can go to work for Microsoft.
KDE not only OpenSource[TM] but OpenMinded[TM].
KDE: A stable GUI for a reliable OS.