Re: Sandbox SVN repository or module

<quote who="Vincent Untz">

> I'm reluctant to have the code in the main repository, since I guess it
> means that our student would have an access to all of our code (but maybe
> I'm wrong and we can have some ACL?), and it's not easy to "cancel" an
> account (you appear to be not nice when you do so). Thus, a separate
> repository would seem like an interesting idea.
>
> Note that we could also use this architecture for other projects than SoC
> (we had WSOP last year, and we could well imagine having more of this kind
> of mentoring projects).
>
> What do you think? How doable would this be?

I've been thinking about something similar, though a bit more general than
SoC -> a "labs.gnome.org" incubator for new projects and developers. Maybe
trying this out practically for SoC would be useful. Infrastructurally, this
need not have a huge cost at all, though I would like to have a separate
machine for labs.gnome.org (to separate shell and svn logins for incubating
projects and developers).

Happy to put some time into this for SoC.

- Jeff

--
Open CeBIT 2007: Sydney, Australia              http://www.opencebit.com.au/

         "Spend your 'different points' wisely." - Havoc Pennington