Re: Yoruba, Hausa and Igbo (yo, ha, ig)

On 1/12/09, Thomas Thurman <tthurman gnome org> wrote:
> On Tue, Dec 16, 2008 "Simos Xenitellis" <simos lists googlemail com> wrote:
>  > Personally I would opt for an informal first email, just to elicit a
>  > reply before going into details.
>  [...]
>  > If direct contact does not bring a reply, then contacting through
>  > other people that are involved in African languages L10n would be
>  > good.
>
>  I mailed the contacts given in the Wazobia Linux .po files.  The ig and ha
> translators' emails bounced immediately saying their mailboxes were full.
> It's been almost a month and I haven't heard back from the yo translator.
> Where should we go from here?  Who are the people I should contact who are
> involved in African language l10n?
>
>  peace
>
>  Thomas

Well, we have an Afrikaans coordinator... :-) Friedel, do you have any
input on this? Do you think perhaps www.translate.org.za could help
out with this? I know these are not south african languages (they are
west african languages), but perhaps you've got some ideas.

For reference, the original discussion was at
http://mail.gnome.org/archives/gnome-i18n/2008-December/msg00071.html