Re: String strike force

On Thu, 2009-08-27 at 17:36 +0100, Bruce Cowan wrote:
> On Thu, 2009-08-27 at 09:44 +0200, F Wolff wrote:
> > > The difficulty might lie in the timeframe devoted to this review
> > > process. If it's too soon, it might lead to time waste, because strings
> > > can still change. What about some "string sprint" the week-end just
> > > before string freeze?
> > >
> > > And if we don't want to review more than 40'000 strings each release, I
> > > probably could extend DL to show a view with only new strings from the
> > > previous release.
> >
> > This sounds like a very good idea. If just a few translators can be
> > involved along with native English speakers, the documentation team, I
> > think it will allow us to put in a big effort.
>
> Indeed that sounds like the best time to do this sort of thing. I'd like
> to add I originally meant the program  strings themselves, but of course
> documentation should also be covered.

We already have processes in place to review documentation.
We just don't have enough people doing it.  If people want
to review the language usage in the documentation, I'd rather
they do it as part of a real documentation review, rather
than as part of a disjointed string review.

The point of using the documentation team above isn't to do
string reviews of documentation.  Rather, it's to make use
of the team to do the reviews, since their skills should be
very helpful.

--
Shaun