Re: String strike force

On Wed, 2009-08-26 at 23:02 +0100, Bruce Cowan wrote:
> I've noticed that one of the main purposes of the en_GB team is to fix
> the grammar and spelling of the original strings. However, most of the
> work of the team seems to be done after string freeze, when the strings
> can't be changed (easily). Of course, I could have started earlier, but
> I didn't for some reason.
>
> Anyway, I thought that a sort of "string strike force" may be a good
> idea. Essentially it would audit strings while they can still be fixed.
>
> The en_GB team could take this on itself, but it's probably a bit
> understaffed.

The documentation team has discussed doing this before.
We'd like to look for more than just spelling and grammar
problems.  Notably:

1) Making sure terminology matches our style guide
2) Fixing awkward and confusing sentences
3) Checking for things that cause translation problems

I have thoughts on how we could do this systematically.
Are others interested in doing this?  We could have a
meeting or something to get the ball rolling.

--
Shaun