Re: Gimp traslations

On Wednesday 09 July 2008 4:57:34 pm Simos Xenitellis wrote:
> On Tue, Jul 8, 2008 at 4:39 AM, Khoem Sokhem <khoemsokhem khmeros info>
wrote:
> > Hello All,
> >
> > I just got openSUSE 11.0 box yesterday and Installed in my pc, Gimp one
> > of my translated applications in openSUSE. but unfortunately when I test
> > beta release of openSUSE 11.0 I got Gimp in Khmer but after I installed
> > openSUSE 11.0 GM realease I got Gimp in English.
> > What is the problem with this?
>
> This looks like a distribution issue. Does openSUSE support "language
> packs"; If so, do you have the Khmer language pack installed?
>
> If you are OK to use the command line, you can use the following
> commands to see whether GIMP tries to open the Khmer translations:
>
> 1. Open a terminal window
> 2. Type "locale" to verify that your locale is kh.
> 3. Run   strace -o /tmp/detailed_run.txt  gimp
> You may need to install the "strace" package.
> 4. Then, read the /tmp/detailed_run.txt file and see if the program is
> trying to find Khmer translations.
> You can also do that with the command
>
> grep locale /tmp/detailed_run.txt
>
> For me (locale: el), I get lines that look like

> open("/usr/share/locale-langpack/el.UTF-8/LC_MESSAGES/gimp20-script-fu.mo",
> O_RDONLY) = -1 ENOENT (No such file or directory)
> open("/usr/share/locale-langpack/el.utf8/LC_MESSAGES/gimp20-script-fu.mo",
> O_RDONLY) = -1 ENOENT (No such file or directory)
> open("/usr/share/locale-langpack/el/LC_MESSAGES/gimp20-script-fu.mo",
> O_RDONLY) = 8
>
> This shows that the translation message file gimp20-script-fu.mo is
> actually found after several attempts.
>
> If you would like some more technical help on the above process,
> please ask again.

OK. It works now. Because of language package is not installed by default. not
only gnome application but also kde application like k3b.
I have go to yast and installed language package for Khmer. This is not so
good that application is installed by default and language package is not.

Thanks,
Sokhem