Re: New release of Damned Lies with Vertimus included

Le mercredi 31 décembre 2008 à 08:18 +0100, Danilo Šegan a écrit :
> Hi Stéphane, Claude,
>
> Yesterday at 15:24, Stéphane Raimbault wrote:
> >
> > You like Damned Lies and Vertimus, we too, so we have merged both!
>
> I want to congratulate you on the work you've done!  This is an
> amazing achievement, so thank you on behalf of everyone who's going to
> end up using this tool. :)

Hi Danilo,

Thanks. We should also raise the fact that we built the new tool upon
your work! That's the power of Free Software.

> > The new Damned Lies offers a new reviewing workflow. If you're a
> > translator, you can join one or many teams and reserve a module for
> > translation. Once your work is ready, you can upload the PO file on
> > http://l10n.gnome.org and then a reviewer of this team will review your
> > work for approval. A committer is still required to eventually commit
> > the file in the GNOME SVN.
> > DL is able to send an email to your team mailing list to notify about
> > important actions.
>
> I also feel sorry that some features from previous damned-lies version
> are now gone (like XML data, which could easily have been used by
> per-team websites and/or desktop applications).  Can you please
> provide everyone with details of what existing features are now gone
> and what they are replaced with (if there is an equivalent)?

AFAIK, no feature has been removed. There is still XML output, eg:
http://l10n.gnome.org/languages/fr/gnome-2-24.xml
http://l10n.gnome.org/releases/xml

And we could easily produce more rather easily.

> I am not familiar with Django, so I doubt I'll be able to help with
> further development (at least in the next year or so): still, I don't
> doubt you will keep up the good work. :)

Thanks again :-) Happy new year.

Claude