Re: New damned lies thoughts

On Di, 2008-12-30 at 16:02 +0100, Claude Paroz wrote:
> The separation of ui and doc in itself shouldn't add more clicks to
> download po files. But the fact that the downloadable po is now on the
> "vertimus" page adds one more click. However, with the new workflow,
> it
> is very important that translators see the workflow status *before*
> downloading the file, unless duplicate work may easily happen.

I can see how this is important, but want to remind you that the
workflow doesn't mean all that much for one person teams. Currently it
does add an extra step relative to before, so let's keep it in mind and
see how it goes.

The extreme ease of translating for GNOME is a big attraction, I
believe. Let's try to keep the process as easy and light as possible.

Friedel

--
Recently on my blog:
http://translate.org.za/blogs/friedel/en/content/re-bringing-all-translation-management-tools-together