Re: New damned lies thoughts

Le mardi 30 décembre 2008 à 12:47 +0100, Jorge González a écrit :
> Hi,

Hi Jorge,

> I've noticed there are several issues at the new DL site:
>
>  * To edit the user profile, the link provided
> http://l10n.gnome.org/users/jorgegonz/edit/edit is broken, it should
> not have the last "/edit" (the link is provided by a sheet and
> magnifying glass icon).

Fixed.

> * At the user profile page, the language is not translated, although I
> remember I saw the variable at the string when translating it.

Yes, work in progress. There is still some untranslatable chunks here
and there.

> * Can't I change my password? I find it pretty difficult to remember
> the given one.

Stéphane is working on this.

> * I personally dislike the new layout where the docs and the UI pages
> are separated, it takes much longer to download a po file.

The separation of ui and doc in itself shouldn't add more clicks to
download po files. But the fact that the downloadable po is now on the
"vertimus" page adds one more click. However, with the new workflow, it
is very important that translators see the workflow status *before*
downloading the file, unless duplicate work may easily happen.

> * I do not have permission to see the files I myself uploaded.

Weird, because files should be world-readable. Please point us to a
specific case or open a bug report.

> * Is there a way to approve the uploaded translations? or all the
> process must be done manually like before.

The commit process is still manual. One thing at a time :-)

> I know you probably spent so much time improving the site, therefore I
> want to thank you for all the work done, but also to point out what
> doesn't work (yet) and/or how the new features work.

Thanks, this helps.

Claude