Re: ChangeLog and LINGUAS consistency

Le vendredi 12 décembre 2008 à 13:18 +0000, Djihed Afifi a écrit :

> > Just out of curiosity: do you really want Changelogs? What value does
> > changelogs give over the version control history? Who would read the
> >

> As I said I'm impartial and I don't really care either way. What I'd
> really like to see is consistency.
>
> Claude, what do think about moving the proposals forwards to see what
> developers think of them?

Regarding the first proposal (ChangeLogs), I would wait, because that
will also depend on the DVCS choice that is currently being considered.
It seems to me that the ChangeLog policy might be related to the DVCS
tool. But you might ask developers to stick with traditional ChangeLogs
as long as we use SVN, at least for po directories.

The second proposal would be a nice-to-have, but IMHO the Makefile.am
for documentations is usually very short, hence minimizing the advantage
of a separate LINGUAS file.

Moreover, when we'll automate the commits with a Transifex-like
functionality, these issues will fade somewhat.

Claude