Re: Can I edit the en.po of the releasenotes ?

On Thu, 2007-09-20 at 18:03 +0200, Kenneth Nielsen wrote:
> Done. BTW that particular list, of the languages the release notes are
> available in, is still way to large in the msgid. This means that if
> translators translate it directly they have a bunch of broken links in
> their release notes.

Sorry, I don't understand this. Why does the length of the text affect
anything?

>  In the po file there is the following comment:
>
> #. TODO: Comment out the ones that don't have full translations,
> #.             and be sure to add new translations,
> #.             but keep them uncommented until near the release date,
> #.             so that we have translations of the languages if
> needed.
>

> but is that meant for you or for us. Meaning will you at some point
> reduce that list in the msgid or should we do it ourselves in the
> msgstr ?
> Regards Kenneth Nielsen

No, that's to the people writing the original XML. Actually, it's
incorrect too. That comment only makes sense when it appears also before
the _list_ of supported languages. We can't change a comma-separated
list in one sentence without breaking the translation.

--
murrayc murrayc com
www.murrayc.com