gnome-applets locations translation

    I'm looking at the template in po-locations and a cursory look over
it tells me that it will be absolutely impossible to correctly translate
in its current state. There's no context in the original XML and as such
it is impossible to distinguish between Shannon, Ireland (Sionainn) and
Shannon, Virginia (Shannon). It seems like adding context would be a
long and painful process allowing us to undergo the long and painful
process of translating thousands of placenames.

    The question then becomes: is it worthwhile trying to find an
alternate solution? Can we find a way to retain functionality while
making internationalization a) possible and b) (much) less of a hassle?

Seán de Búrca