Re: kB, MB or KiB, MiB

Hi,

On Sun, 2007-05-27 at 17:49 +0200, Daniel Nylander wrote:
> I guess this topic has been discussed before but..

Could you please point me to this discussion?

> I was thinking about bug reporting all applications that use the "old"
> convention (kB, MB, GB) and start use the more appropriate KiB, MiB, GiB
> etc.

Might be more correct, but I don't think it would be more appropriate.
While kB, MB and GB are common and well-known abbreviations, KiB, MiB,
GiB and the like are not widely used and would confuse most users. I
even had to look this up on Wikipedia because I don't think I've ever
seen MiB and GiB being used anywhere.

If you filed a bug-report about this against GIMP I would most likely
call you a nit-picker and close it as NOTABUG.

Sven