Re: String addition to gnome-terminal

Hi Guilherme,

(you can look in archives for my messages, probably some spam
protection not liking me ;)

Today at 17:35, Guilherme de S. Pastore wrote:

> Em Sex, 2006-02-17 Ãs 17:18 +0100, Josep Puigdemont escreveu:
>> This is like allowing to break string freeze and not giving
>> translators the chance to fix it...
>> I think the decision should either be to leave the string out, or to
>> officially break string freeze.
>
> I kind of agree, specially for such a change.

I explained why this is not so.

> I could even risk to take
> care of the translations myself, as it's probably only a matter of
> copy&paste from another app such as nautilus and replacing its name
> (e.g. Nautilus) with "GNOME Terminal".

If you offer to do the changes for us (eg. merging from Nautilus),
it's a different thing, and I'd only ask you to announce on gnome-i18n
when you start doing changes, and when you finish them up (i.e. commit
them).

Technically, that's working-around the string freeze (like reusing
same messages), and there's nothing stopping you from doing so. :)

Cheers,
Danilo