Re: More developer.gnome.org cleanup

On Wed, 2008-09-03 at 11:05 +0200, Murray Cumming wrote:

> > > Already sort of done:
> > >
> > > http://svn.gnome.org/viewvc/gnome-devel-docs/trunk/optimization-guide/
> > >
> > > It's not included in the build yet, because somebody needs
> > > to clean it up and make sure it functions well as a single
> > > document.
>
> If you add it to the build then we can put it on library.gnome.org and
> get more feedback.

Done.  I think it has to be explicitly added to library.

> > > It's a very old document.  I would want somebody to give it
> > > a hefty review and edit before we put it in gnome-devel-docs.
> > > All the same, it's a useful sort of document to have.
>
> I'd rather do that editing _after_ it's become DocBook, rather than
> editing HTML. So can't we add it as Docbook to gnome-devel-docs svn at
> least?

Looking at the HTML, I see this:

That says to me that, somewhere out there, there's some
DocBook for this document.  Can anybody find it?

(Looking at the HTML, I've a feeling it was generated by
the old DSSSL stylesheets.  That, combined with the age
of the document, make me think the document must be in
DocBook SGML.  But I'd still rather convert DocBook SGML
to DocBook XML than convert HTML to DocBook.)

--
Shaun