Re: [gnome-db] Little problems using libgda

On Thu, 2003-08-14 at 17:58, ricardo zonasiete org wrote:
> 	Hello.
>
> 	I am having two problems when using libgda (0.9.0), it is the same
> whether I compile the sources or use RPM packages. My distro is RH9 and
> I am using mysql.
>

> 	-The first one (might be a stupid thing, if it is excuse me, didn't
> know this), is that my programs crash (Segment Fault) whenever I define
> global GDA objects (outside main() ).

hmm, sounds like you are doing illegal memory accesses. Try running your
program in gdb.

> 	-The other problem is that when I try to delete/insert something in the
> database, I get the following:
>
> ----
> ** (DataSource:16615): CRITICAL **: file gda-mysql-recordset.c: line 446
> (gda_mysql_recordset_new): assertion `mysql_res != NULL' failed
> ----
>
> 	The function returns -1, although it modifies the database correctly.

yes, the MySQL provider should detect there is no resulset in a
non-SELECT query, and don't display that warning. Could you please file
a bug to http://bugzilla.gnome.org about it, please?