Double colour correction?

Hi

I am using GCM on fedora and have noticed something that I hope
someone can explain.

I have profiled my display using a Huey which corrects a slight blue
cast.  This all seems fine.

However when using colour managed applications, such as GIMP or geeqie
the images seem to have a red cast which is not present in non colour
managed applications such as feh.

My question is is there some type of double colour correction going on
here?  Should I only enable display correction or colour management in
applications not both at the same time?

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Regards

Gary